Catching Up With the Curtis Family

Catching Up With the Curtis Family

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Second Grade & Bounce Mania

What a crazy, busy week! McKenna and I survived our first week of school, while Doug started his teacher work days on Thursday and Friday. He will start with students on Monday. McKenna loves her teacher and is looking forward to going everyday. In fact, a breakthrough happened this week...McKenna popped right out of bed each morning with no crying or fighting. I am so proud of her for this milestone. I think that this truly means she is growing up. This is making our mornings much more smooth. Allison started her senior year at DeKalb on Tuesday and has been having a good golf season; although, they just had their first dual match loss in 63 ROUNDS! This is her first dual loss of her high school career. Meanwhile, Dane will be starting his sophmore year at IPFW on Monday.
To unwind from the busy week, Doug and I decided to take McKenna to the Canlan Ice Sports Arena to check out the bounce mania that they have in one of the rinks. I heard about it through a couple of different people, but we just haven't had the opportunity to go there. It wasn't too terribly expensive ($7.00 for McKenna and we got an adult pass for free) and McKenna had a blast. In fact, adults can get on the inflatable courses, as well. I attempted this, but didn't last real long. However, prior to arriving I assumed that it would be in a separate section of the arena from the ice rinks. Boy, was I incorrect! It was in the rink and it was FREEZING!!! I strongly recommend that you wear sweats and a sweatshirt if attending this fun place. We will definitely be going back again. Below are some pictures from the first day of school and bounce mania.

McKenna's first day of Second Grade (all smiles)
So proud of that book bag
First trip down the slide
Posing at the top of the slide for a quick picture
Making the climb...
at the bottom...going head first.
Peeking through the turnstyles...
That obstacle course took the wind out of me!!! (I am too old to keep up!!)
Race to the top...
I lost!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment