Catching Up With the Curtis Family
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Dierks Bentley
Last evening, Doug and I attended the Dierks Bentley concert at the Firekeepers Casino in Battle Creek, Michigan. It was a really nice outdoor stage, and it was great weather. A friend of mine invited us to attend, and we had a fantastic time! We have really tried to be a little cautious about activities that we partake in lately since we are still uncertain about Doug's job status, but we decided since we have been fairly frugal over the summer that we could splurge a tad and go to this concert. We are both huge country music fans and Mel had great seats. We were in row 8, right in the center of the stage. It reminded us of going to Nashville for the CMA Music Fest where we were in row 5. Dierks came out playing his guitar and threw the pick out into the crowd. Apparently nobody saw this black pick except for me! It landed on the chair in front of the people standing next to us and I grabbed it. I got some crazy stares, but I got over that really quickly. Prior to walking out to the concert, we decided to play the penny slots for a little while. Doug didn't have much luck, but I put $5.00 in and ended up cashing out at $50.00. I was ahead $45.00! Pretty good for never playing before. However, after the concert we decided to test our luck again. Not a good idea! We lost $20.00 and decided to stop while we were still ahead. It was great fun and a really clean place. I definitely recommend this place if you want something to do. It isn't that far from Fort Wayne and was something a little different to do. The only downfall was that you could smoke in the building. Overall, it was a fun night! Thanks, Mel for the invitation! We are looking forward to getting McKenna back tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment