Catching Up With the Curtis Family

Catching Up With the Curtis Family

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Random Pictures/Updates

Well, it has been a couple weeks since I have posted something! I apologize...McKenna has been with her dad and there really hasn't been anything that we have done that required taking pictures, so I decided to post some random pictures from the summer just so you have something to look at.
School is back in full swing for me even though we haven't officially started. I have been working really hard to get everything done prior to school starting. My job is still the same as last year; however, my responsibilities have increased drastically due to our district money crunch and trying to cut costs where possible. While I understand it, I am going to use my Hallmarks Training to make sure there is separation with job and family time. I believe that McKenna is ready (although she will tell you differently) to go back. She is excited to know that she has Mrs. Weaver at Lakewood Park, whom she had in Kindergarten. I am hoping for another great year like the previous two. As for Doug...where do I begin. The rollercoaster ride that we have journeyed this summer has taken its toll on us! We go from thinking that Doug might be hired to having nothing. Honestly, the last two weeks has been nothing less than emotionally draining. As of last Friday evening, FWCS called Doug and said that they didn't have a postion for him. ( I think I cried for two days straight as I feel so badly for him. He has taught for 24 years and never been in this postion and is fearful if he doesn't get hired this year he will never be hired again.) Needless to say, we were pretty devastated as nothing else up to that point had panned out. They (FWCS) said that things could possibly change over the next two weeks, but we definitely aren't/weren't holding our breath with anything that they have said. So...back to the drawing board! While we continue to wait, we have decided that Doug has to apply for jobs in the Lafayette area and the Valpo area where his sister and parents live in order to find something. He will just have to move and McKenna and I will stay here. Last evening we caught wind of a high school job that had just opened at Valparaiso High School, so Doug applied and we will wait to see if something happens there. Meanwhile, the principal from South Side called and they now want an interview with Doug tomorrow at 1:30. I pray that something good happens out of this. He didn't even apply for this position (except for two months ago when he was allowed), so the surprise that comes with this phone call leaves us with a little hope. He interviewed with Central Noble today, and they offered him the coaching position but they don't have a teaching position, so they told him if he would be willing to be a TIA for one year (with crappy pay) then they will have a position for him next year. We just have to decide if we can financially do this for one year. So...more to come soon. Prayers are very much welcome at this time!!! The roller coaster needs to come to a screeching halt!

Dane teaching Brittany how to golf!
Riding ponies at the zoo
McKenna and her friend Olivia
On the train...all smiles
Maddie and McKenna posing






No comments:

Post a Comment