Catching Up With the Curtis Family
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Summer Weather
We had an absolutely beautiful April day today...83 degrees and sunny! Doug and the kids played golf at Cedar Creek this morning while I headed to the airport (yet again) to pick up my dad, Mary, and Max who were in Florida for their Spring Break. Not many things are new in our household as of late just a couple to update our followers on. McKenna has advanced to the next level in swim lessons at the Y, which she throughly enjoys! I, in particular, love Tuesdays because I know that she will be tired and go to bed without a fight after those lessons. :-) She also has started softball practices two nights a week. Obviously, our evenings are filling up quickly as we have approached spring and are heading into the summer. I am beginning to have a new understanding of what my mom and dad went through as we were growing up. I guess, in a way, I should be thankful for only one child to get to the many different places that she has to go to. How did they do it without us three children driving? Amongst my many realizations is that my "baby" is growing up and becoming more independent. There are so many mixed emotions that come with these feelings...many of which I would just like to surpress for the time being. However, she isn't quite ready to let go of me yet. Doug and I have been searching for a new church home, and I attempted (at one of the churches) to try to get her to stay at Sunday School with many kiddos that she knew from school while Doug and I went to church. She absolutley would not stay and even got a little teary eyed with me trying to leave her. In fact, she was attached to my leg just like she did when she was little. I was quite surprised by this as she always seems to be outgoing, and by no means shy! I went to the lake yesterday for a very small, intimate planting of a tree in memory of my Aunt Vicky. This was Aunt Vicky's favorite place so there was no place I would have rather been yesterday. I met her Girl's Night Out (GNO) girls and Matthew up at the lake for tears, laughter, and memories of Aunt Vicky. The GNO girls brought a light breakfast and mimosas which helped to lighten the mood. It was suppose to be 72 and sunny, but it was 42 and cold. We managed to survive and the willow tree and plaque are beautiful. I forgot my camera so I will post pictures of the tree later. Little Long Lake will never be the same without her. I imagine the lake to be tough for all of us at different times this summer; however, we are looking forward to heading up there this summer. I apologize for no pictures this time, but I just haven't snapped any for a couple of weeks. Hope everyone has a great week! God Bless, Megan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment