Starting with McKenna... After much deliberation and plenty of tears shed, Doug and I made the decision to withdraw McKenna from Lakewood Park. This decision proved nothing short of one of the hardest things I have ever decided in the way of McKenna. Many factors weighed into our decision, but in the end we decided that she would attend McKenney Harrison Elementary in the same district that I teach within. My fears were relieved after her first day of school as she LOVED her new school. She has a tremendously talented teacher and she is forever trying to mimic her. The growth that I we have seen academically helps ease our minds knowing that we made the right decision. She just received her report card from the 1st trimester and got all A's. I am more than proud of her, but what is more rewarding is that she is so proud of herself!
As a family, we have been so blessed to meet a few families whom we have gotten to spend a great deal of time with through softball. This has been a great thing as McKenna will be playing for the Krush Softball team next summer with some of their daughters and I will be helping coach as well. These girls have become extremely close friends and they love spending any free time together. We, as adults, have enjoyed going to Friday night home football games and tailgating afterwards. Below are pictures of some of her friends from softball.
Allison had a pretty decent first semester of school and golf at IPFW. She seems to really have adjusted well to college life and her grades are great as usual. She is looking forward to spring arriving so she can get back to the golf course. Doug is jealous due to all of the nice gear she gets being a Division I athlete. I will say it is pretty sweet! Her and Chase are still dating and making the little bit of distance work as he is attending Manchester College playing soccer.
Dane is in his junior year of college and for lack of a better word is "done". He is getting down in the dumps with his classes as he feels like he already knows how to do everything he is suppose to be learning making college boring. However, his grades are good and he continues to attend much to our delight despite his lack luster attitude towards it. He and Brittany, too, are still together. There is a lot of traveling back and forth to Indianapolis to visit each other.
Doug has started yet another year at South Side and continues to coach at Northrop. The driving back and forth between schools wears on him, but he makes it work despite his frustration with it at times.
We celebrated our 5th anniversary at the end of September! While we didn't do anything special, life has been good for the two of us, and we just enjoyed each others company at home on that day. I am still enjoying my job even though our plates, as teachers, continue to fill up with all of the requirements being put on us by the state and federal government. As you can see, life continues to roll right on by and now you are caught up. I will do my best to stay on top of this from here on out.
McKenna and Kayrsa (softball friend) at the Buffalo Farm in Fremont
No comments:
Post a Comment