Catching Up With the Curtis Family

Catching Up With the Curtis Family

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

McKenna's Birthday/Christmas with Grandma & Grandpa Novak

Today was McKenna's 8th Birthday! I find it hard to believe that it has been 8 years. I clearly remember that, oh so long, week of labor and pure fear knowing I would be delivering 8 weeks early. While that was a stressful time, I thank the good Lord above for blessing me with a healthy child.
To celebrate her day, she slept in until 10 A.M. (I guess there are some benefits to her getting older. LOL) We then headed to Chuckie Cheese for a late lunch with some friends. It isn't what I would have chosen, but she wanted to play the games and win "crappy" prizes. Mission accomplished!
Later in the evening, we headed to Grandma & Grandpa Novak's to have Christmas with my dad. Mark and Pam arrived today, so we got to celebrate with them as well. Their children are getting so big and have fun personalities. While we were there, we celebrated McKenna's birthday with a cake from Dairy Queen. I have yet to let her open any of her birthday presents, which is killing her, as I will be hosting her birthday party on Thursday evening for my entire family. Below are some pictures from the evening.
Chase and I (minus the fact he wasn't looking)
Mark posing as a worker from Dairy Queen (Max works there...sorry, Max!)
McKenna soooo excited that this day has been all about her!
Singing Happy Birthday to McKenna
Maddie and Pam posing with the "gag" gift of the clip on cami
McKenna got another Zhu Zhu DS game
An attempt to get the three kids pictures together
We still have one more Christmas that needs to be had. I am beginning to wonder if this holiday season is every going to end. Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday, McKenna! What a blessing you are!
Love,
Megan







No comments:

Post a Comment