Catching Up With the Curtis Family

Catching Up With the Curtis Family

Monday, July 19, 2010

Welcome Home & New Toy

Welcome Home, McKenna! McKenna has been spending quite a bit of time at her dad's house throughout the summer, but is always very excited to come home, and we are always so excited and happy to have her home. After picking her up, she just kept talking and talking and talking. She said, "I just keep jibber-jabbing." Finally, she said, "Okay, I am done jibber-jabbing. Is there anything that you would like to say?" I was laughing so hard.
She, at times, becomes agitated being at her dad's that we would be doing something special without her being present, so it takes some planning in order to make sure we don't leave her out of anything. She did miss a day of swimming at Autumn Ridge with the whole gang, but I didn't tell her so she wouldn't be upset. Thanks to Marilyn, Felissa, and Shannon for hosting the fun day! It was great to see everyone and can't wait to see you all again soon! (Hopefully, McKenna will be able to attend the next time!)
Doug and I went to the lake for the weekend and had a terrific time. The weather has been perfect for the lake so we spent a lot of time in the water. Thanks to my dad for doing all the cooking this weekend. It was delicious!
Last evening, after picking McKenna up, I promised her we would go and get her school supplies for second grade! She is growing up so fast because I was not allowed to pick anything up off the shelf or pick out colors. She wanted to do it all! I am feeling very on-top-of-it having that done already...this is something unusual. No fighting the crowds at a later date. Yeah for me!!!
After completing the school shopping, we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa Shook's for dinner and to ride the new toy that they bought for the grandkids. McKenna loved it! It is a battery operated four wheeler. We could hardly get her off the thing to come in and eat. I am sure that we will be back soon to ride it again. Thanks for the purchase, Grandma and Grandpa!
Just getting on the four wheeler. All smiles!
McKenna showing off her skills!
Taking a little break to talk! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment